Welcome to Marauder Moments - a chronicle of the Mortimer Street Marauders; the games we play, the rules we use, the figures we play with and the scenery they fight over. Hope you enjoy these pages and maybe call back to catch up with our escapades.

Saturday 11 July 2020

Unexpected reinforcements for the 10mm French army

Ever productive Tony got these fine Swiss fellows finished. The Canton dwelling mountain climbing cheese & chocolate clock making chappies join Napoleon on the Danube in 1809 as punctually as you might expect. (That's me out of cultural stereotypes for today!).
The Neuchatel battalion we have always brigaded with the Swiss - it just works for us!

These are Magister Militum minis painted by some ebay chappy who undertakes commissions quickly & cheaply.

Deployed for the attack, no chance of bounce through here. I might dry-brush the rocks at some point, possibly incurring Tony's wrath...  

Massed up for artillery practice - in GdA this attracts extra casualty dice & gets ugly fast.

Berthier's boy from Neuchatel in glorious canary yellow. Units like this make such a great distraction from endless columns in blue, although of course we have more of those coming too, mostly legere if I recall. 
Tony's efforts of late rather put Chris & I to shame :(  I shall endeavour to base up what I committed to doing several months ago this weekend plus finish the last buildings I have to sort out. Then there's flags...

Marauder HQ is being prepared for our first Napoleonic game in ages, possibly this year! As promised this will be a 28mm Franco/Russian bash. The 10mm collection is on pause while international postage unblocks & we get the remainder based. Until then you'll have to suffer a 28mm game I'm afraid. Frankly I can't wait to get the BIG boys out again.

Stay safe & well out there, best wishes,

Jeremy   

3 comments:

  1. Nice units Jeremy and a good choice - I always seem to have a Neuchatel Battalion in all my French Napoleonic armies - probably influenced by the Blandford Uniforms of 1812 book. Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 10mm collection is coming along in leaps and bounds JJ. However, I must confess at this point...I do love it when their much bigger brothers come out to play at your place! Very much looking forward to your necx big 28mm bash.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great Jeremy. Napoleonic Swiss are a real favourite.

    ReplyDelete