Welcome to Marauder Moments - a chronicle of the Mortimer Street Marauders; the games we play, the rules we use, the figures we play with and the scenery they fight over. Hope you enjoy these pages and maybe call back to catch up with our escapades.

Thursday 23 November 2017

I'm a lazy bugger!

Someone recently contacted me to say how much they miss the blog! This was quite touching & led to a pang of guilt, briefly. We four or five Marauders still play every week and yes it's still Napoleonics with General d'Armee. Over the Summer we played some Pike & Shot games with Rich's amazing Turks & Poles & also French Tony's beautiful ECW collection in his new gaming "chalet". We even squeezed in a WW2 Pacific naval game. I have not bothered to post in ages - sorry.



The last few weeks have seen us practicing Napoleonic attack/defense tactics in GdA in preparation for this coming weekend when we revisit the Wargames Holiday Centre to see Mark Freeth, Dave Brown & the gang to re-fight Bautzen 1813. I'll be mounting up as Blucher and taking whatever they throw at me... wish me luck.

I will post a Battle Report and try to get back to more regular service. Best wishes,

Jeremy

 

13 comments:

  1. A beautiful diorama. By the way have you tried Dave Browns new Grand Armee if you like Gof Bd you should find these really fun to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we play it every week since we Beta tested it - brilliant ruleset, playing them all this coming weekend @ WHC!

      Delete
  2. Lovely image, Jeremy. No pressure to post, but it's nice to see great looking figures and terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for the post I know typing up batreps is alot of work but its much appreciated! Looking forward to more to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news JJ and yes, you know how much we all enjoy the Marauders posts! Enjoy the WHC and pass on my best to Mark and Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff, I look forward to the report! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be good to see some more 1809 reports.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeremy,
    I join the chorus of those looking forward to your return to the blog; when you are ready!
    Interestingly, I lost my blogging mojo last year too, so I have some idea where you are. It took a while, but I'm back now and lovin' it again.
    In the meantime, all the best to you and the other Marauders in your wargaming escapades. We'll enjoy seeing them posted here in the future.
    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers James I owe you all an update, hopefully soon. We're still playing but working on a suitable massive top secret gaming project which is very time consuming, but hopefully worth it.

      Delete
  8. I know I misss your regular eye candy updates so I do hope you rediscover your blog mojo and can post a few things again
    Marc

    ReplyDelete