Welcome to Marauder Moments - a chronicle of the Mortimer Street Marauders; the games we play, the rules we use, the figures we play with and the scenery they fight over. Hope you enjoy these pages and maybe call back to catch up with our escapades.

Friday 26 February 2021

Dipping my toe in the waters of two new games.

 Warlord Games are doing well out of me right now. I've gone all Naval during lockdown! Infact I have been uncharacteristically productive & intend to be more so. Black Seas is basically Napoleonic sailing ships blowing each other to splinters & Victory at Sea is a similar story set in WW2. The former range is well rounded out the latter not so much yet, I assume the 'Vid is holding them back.     

I started "Victory at Sea" with the Pacific kit for which I have painted all their current releases. I'll post some more pictures when I take them. The above shot is from a solo game, which I lost...
IJN Mogami detonates under USN fire going down with all hands. IJN Kongo hides behind the smoke before legging it. Lots of fun & shouting at myself!  

Chez moi in the recent snows - Winter wonderland!

I'm think about naval games on my pond when the ice melts :) 

Wintery Wessex - bloody marvelous!

I am beyond pleased with my first frigate! I don't paint much anymore. This one was done with purely the Contrast range from GW. The rigging is on next, then flags then the ratlines. I am fairly daunted by this yet encouraged by the results of so many others. Special mention must be made of JJ of JJ Wargames for showing the way with this mini project - cheers chum!    

I am going for a Danish fleet as I'm half Danish & no other bugger will do it!
Fellow Marauders seem inspired so we may see some high seas action this year, who knows?
Every man will do his duty!   








In less heretical news we have made further additions to the 10mm Nappies, yet more Russians have landed at home & more yet French & Austrians have arrived with Barry for painting. Once we are permitted to gather at Marauder HQ we can play again - Huzzah & Hurrah! 

Stay safe & sound, best wishes to all,

Jeremy


6 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of your winter wonderland Jeremy. That frigate looks great!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers James,
      my fleets for the two naval periods are going well, we maybe allowed to play in the garden soon. Hopefully soon after we're back to Marauder HQ & a big Nappy game.
      Stay safe,
      Jeremy

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures, both of the house and the models. Like you, lockdown has given me more time to paint and build, in some cases like madness. Eg my Bolt Action Soviets went from one platoon to fice platoons, ditto my Blitzkrieg Germans. Like you, I am also running a solo campaign to keep me sane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul, good to hear your staying productive & sane, I think the two go hand in hand!
      WW2 still attracts us but possibly the new O-Group rules. Bolt Action was fun but didn't last with us sadly, I'll sell my Brits I expect.
      Very best wishes,
      Jeremy

      Delete
  3. Apologies for the late visit and comment, Jeremy. But nice naval gaming and ships. I hope to pick up a starter set of 1/1200th Imjin War (Japan vs. Choson Korea) ships and rules from MT Miniatures in a few month upon their release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dean,
    that's not a set I've heard of, sounds intriguing - who doesn't like a Samurai in a rowing boat knocking over Korean auxiliaries in Turtle ships?!

    ReplyDelete