Welcome to Marauder Moments - a chronicle of the Mortimer Street Marauders; the games we play, the rules we use, the figures we play with and the scenery they fight over. Hope you enjoy these pages and maybe call back to catch up with our escapades.

Sunday 14 July 2019

Napoleonic British Peninsular update - 28mm goodness!

This last ten days have been especially creative for me - principally because of my recent sobriety!
As well as the ongoing Shadow of the Wolf report I have a tutorial on painting resin scenery underway, I am still basing more 10mm stuff & now need to base all of these too!

These have been sitting in a cupboard for about two years along with other 28mm goodies. This morning i glued them down before basing & touching up this week. The Peninsualr collection is small enough to game quite quickly on the big board without too much bunching.

Essentially this is a photo update with captions on minis. Brushwork by Tony Laughton & Barry Hill  Enjoy... 

This morning gluing drying out in the Wiltshire sunshine - not the Iberian Peninsular.

British Rifles - 40 strong firing line...
"At my command unleash Hell! FIRE."

These boys are a mixed bag of characters from Front Rank (the beefy ones), Warlord (the tall slim ones) & the sensibly proportioned ones are by someone else - the name escapes me sadly!

That fella doing the foot shot with his famous dog! 

"Run you Godless bastard!"

Warlord officer with braided jacket points the way.

Bugler & another runner.

British senior staff. Front Rank British & Highlander on Foremost horse.  

These two are, and could only be Elite Miniatures.

Highland senior staff. Note fabulous trousers & tartan on these two. 
There you go, some 28mm's to hopefully please the veteran readers who I sense miss the bigger toys.
Best wishes,
Jeremy

8 comments:

  1. Lovely painting! My favorites arr the 95th and the Highland officers. How in the world did you manage those trews? They look great.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stokes, the tartan is a work of art, not my work though, the right hand side one is by Tony Laughton, the left handside, a ruddy faced old campaigner is by Barry Hill. Both painters are old friends of mine who kindly hire out their services to me.
      Best wishes,
      Jeremy

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Robert, I have a pile if Peninsular regiments to tart up and get based before we run them out in the Iberian sunshine.
      Best wishes,
      Jeremy

      Delete
  3. They look fabulous Jeremy, tartan especially! A good reason to never paint Scots if you ask me but nevermind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! The tartan is by two old mates of mine so not my brushwork - that's way beyond my daubing skills!
    Best wishes,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Cheers Scrivs!
      I hope to emulate your prodigious work rate & make great strides into the collection.
      Best wishes,
      Jeremy

      Delete